The Ski-Slide-Pad’s main feature is the built-in slide sheet, fitted on both sides of the pad for ease of transfer from a bed or floor onto the Ski Slide Pad— this is especially useful for people who require greater assistance during the transfer process. The slide sheets can also be used as an extra cover, where exterior evacuation is required.
In the event of an emergency, the Ski-Slide-Pad is easily removed from its storage bag. The person is quickly transferred to the Ski-Slide-Pad, using the slide sheet and then secured onto the device with the seatbelt style straps.
The Ski-Slide-Pad’s polyethene base allows the pad to be pulled easily over most surfaces and is easy to control when going down a staircase.
- Beware of imitations or equipment that has not received third party certification; you cannot afford your evacuation aid to fail when in use.
- The genuine Ski Slide Pad is fitted with seatbelt style IMMI buckles.
- When considering the selection of an evacuation aid, it is also essential to determine the particular risks that staff may encounter utilising such equipment.
- This includes pulling handles that are too short for staff to move safely, particularly when descending stairs.
- Another critical element of an evacuation aid is its construction method; you need to be confident that the device you have chosen is robust, and offers protection to the patient or resident when they are being evacuated.
A product information DVD is available; it is not intended to substitute for training as no DVD can correct handling errors or bad habits.
Certified training is also available on this product: Evacuation Aid Training Course.
Phoenix STS is the only company in Ireland authorised to deliver “train the trainer” courses using the Ski Slide Pad.
Ski Slide Pad
Since the changes to the Fire Services Act 1981 in 2003, the Fire Service is no longer obliged to provide a “complete evacuation service” for premises, thus placing the onus upon the business owner and changes in the ‘Disability Act’ – which now states that everyone must have the same right of evacuation in an emergency